Many present day services evolved from those the original Counseling Center offered in 1956 such as financial aid, international student services, disability services, standardized testing, pre-admission counseling and exit interviews, as well as the personal, academic and career counseling that remain in its purview today. The center moved to the present location in the Student Health Services building in 1999. The last 20 years have witnessed tremendous growth in visibility and scope of services.
- Sixteen counselors, thirteen psychologists, five psychiatrists, seven social workers, five support staffers and twenty-seven trainees.
- Student Health Center
- Centennial Campus at Research Building II
- Embedded Staff in Athletics
- Embedded Counselor at the Institute for Advanced Analytics
- Embedded Counselor at the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Provide individual and group therapy to over five-thousand students.
- Offer workshops on a wide variety of mental health topics throughout the university community.
- Provide training and supervision to emerging professionals in the fields of counseling, psychology and social work.
- Engage students in creating awareness and cultivating wellness through the Mental Health Ambassador program.