The Counseling Center is operating in a telehealth capacity for Fall 2020.
- All services will be available remotely by phone or a secure video conferencing platform.
- The Center will not be open for walk-ins or face-to-face meetings with students.
- Any option for in-person services is reserved for significant mental health emergencies only and will be determined on a case by case basis by first contacting the Center by calling 919.515.2423.
- If you are experiencing a mental health emergency between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. please call 919-515-2423. For after-hours mental health emergencies call 919-515-2423 and Select Option #2 to speak with an on-call counselor. In the case of a life-threatening emergency call 911.
Triage hours for accessing services are Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesdays).
Please be aware that we have embedded counselors in Athletics, Analytics and the Veterinary School. If you are a student in these programs you may choose to reach out directly to the embedded counselor with your program.
Please call the Counseling Center at 919.515.2423 before beginning paperwork if you fall into any of the following categories:
- You are not physically in the state of North Carolina.
- If you are not currently in the state of North Carolina please be aware that our state licensing laws do not allow us to offer therapy services across state lines. However, we are able to offer a one-time consultation with a clinician to assist you in finding mental health services in the state you are currently residing in. During this consultation, the clinician will also discuss other, non-clinical, support options offered through the Counseling Center and other campus partners.
- You are under 18 years old.
- You have previously been a client at the Counseling Center. Our front office staff can advise you on the forms you will need to fill out.
- You have academic needs and are wanting to meet with an Academic Counselor.
- You are seeking counseling services and it is after 3 p.m. and triage hours are over for the day.
- You are not enrolled in classes for the current semester.
- If you have an urgent need or are seeking general information about the Counseling Center.
If you are a NEW client to the Center please follow the steps outlined below:
- Click the following link and select “1” to complete your paperwork online: go.ncsu.edu/cou-intake
- Please try to complete all forms within the hour you begin the paperwork.
- We ask that you avoid starting the paperwork after 3 p.m. when our triage hours have ended. However, if you started it prior to 3 p.m. you may continue working until you finish.
- Once you have started your forms you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join our virtual waiting room.
- Please click on the link to the waiting room after you have completed your paperwork and you will be seen by the next available counselor.
- The counselor will discuss your concerns with you and get you set up with the most appropriate services to meet your needs.
- If you finish your paperwork before triage hours begin, please wait to join the virtual waiting room link once triage hours have started.
- Please do not start paperwork after 3 p.m. when triage hours are over. Students seeking services after 3 p.m., in most cases, will be asked to wait until the next business day.
- The link to the paperwork is turned off at 5 PM and you will not be able to access the forms. It is turned back on at 8 AM the next business day (M-F), so you will be able to complete the paperwork then.
- If you do not complete your paperwork the same day you started it, you will be contacted by email the next business day with instructions on the remaining forms you still need to complete.
Thank you, if you have any questions or concerns please contact the Counseling Center.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency during office hours between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. please call 919-515-2423. For after-hours mental health emergencies call 919-515-2423 and Select Option #2 to speak with an on-call counselor. In the case of a life-threatening emergency call 911.
What to expect
- After finishing the paperwork linked above, the student will need to check their email to obtain the link for the Zoom Waiting Room.
- Once in the link, the student will be greeted by our front office staff and inform if there is a wait to be seen.
- The student will meet in a breakout room with the next available triage counselor.
- The triage counselor will assess the student’s needs and determine appropriate services. The Counseling Center utilizes a stepped care approach to connect students with services. To learn more about our stepped care model and the services we offer please visit Services
- Students seeking to initiate services after Access Hours end at 3 p.m. will be briefly screened by a triage counselor and asked to reinitiate the triage process during Access Hours the next business day
Making a follow-up appointment
If you’ve been seen by your counselor recently and need to schedule a follow-up appointment, please call us at 919.515.2423.
Rescheduling or canceling your appointment
To reschedule an appointment, please call us at 919.515.2423. You may cancel an appointment by completing the appointment cancellation online form, but you’ll need to call during office hours to reschedule. Please note you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $25 “no-show/late cancellation” charge.
If you’re having a mental health emergency
If you or someone you know needs immediate help, a counselor is always available. Emergency services can be accessed 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis and need immediate help, you don’t need an appointment to see us.
- For emergencies that are within regular business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Please call us at 919.515.2423. We will work you in during regular business hours.
- For after regular business hours
- Please contact our on-call counselor by calling 919.515.2423 and select option 2.
The following crisis resources can be utilized by both NC State students and non-students:
- Emergency Medical Services – 911, or visit the nearest hospital emergency room
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7) – 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ for online chat
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline (Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm ET) – 1-877-SAMHSA (726-4727)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (24/7) – 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7) – 1-800-799 SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787 3224 (TTY)
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline (Monday through Thursday, 9am to 9pm EST; Friday, 9am to 5pm ET; excluding holidays)- 1-800-931-2237
- IMAlive – https://www.imalive.org/ for online chat
Additional local resources can be accessed through the following link: Wake County Crisis & Assessment Local Resources
The above resources are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by the NC State Counseling Center.
Academic “Walk-In” Services
Academic walk-in services are available to assist students with academic issues such as:
- Retroactive withdrawal (dropping all classes from a previous semester)
- Late course drop or drop below full-time (dropping one or more but not all classes)
- Letter of support (for professor, financial aid office, housing, etc.) if you do not currently have a counselor. If you have a counselor at the NCSU Counseling Center, please ask the counselor at your next appointment for assistance with a letter.
Effective August 3, 2020 academic walk-in hours are virtual and during the following times:
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Students can call 919.515.2423 to initiate academic services.
You’re able to complete retroactive withdrawal paperwork at the Counseling Center at any time (even if it’s not during academic walk-in hours), but your academic request may take longer to process. You may also fax your retroactive withdrawal request using the forms on our website.