Thank you for your interest in NC State’s Counseling Center’s Doctoral Psychology Internship Program. We anticipate offering 4 positions for the 2021-2022 internship year. You will find information about the application process below. Please feel free to contact the Training Director regarding any questions you may have.
By the application date, applicants will be expected to have completed two practicum experiences with a minimum of 400 intervention hours. All formal academic coursework, accepted dissertation proposal and practicum training requirements should be completed prior to beginning the internship. Passing a criminal background check, having essential vaccines/inoculations, active enrollment the home University, and signature of the agency confidentiality policy are required by the Counseling Center for matched interns.
Monday, November 2, 2020 11:59 PM EST
To apply electronically, please follow instructions for the AAPI Online. Please make sure that your AAPI Online includes the following:
- Cover Letter including how the Doctoral Psychology Internship Program at NCSU fits with your experience, training goals and longer term plans
- A completed APPIC application packet
- Vita detailing educational, training, practicum, and employment experiences
- Official transcripts of graduate coursework
- Three standardized reference forms, two of which must be from persons familiar with your recent clinical/counseling work.
- Part I of APPIC Application for Psychology Internship
- Academic Program’s Verification of Internship Eligibility and Readiness
Zoom interviews will be held in place of in-person interviews. Dates and times for these interviews will be determined by the application deadline, and will be shared with interviewees. Zoom interviews will last for 45 minutes in length and are conducted with the Training Director and members of the Training Committee in early to mid January. Applicants are notified of an invitation for a Skype interview via email (by December 15th) and are asked to sign up for the interview through an on-line scheduling program. An Open House will occur in late January, and is intended as an opportunity for candidates to see the site and meet with the Training Director and other staff. Open House is arranged by the Training Director, and is completely optional. Attending (or deciding not to attend) the Open House will not have an impact on how a candidate is ranked. The Training Director will have already determined the rank order list before the Open House occurs.
NC State University
2815 Cates Ave. Box 7312
Raleigh, NC 27695-7312