If you are experiencing a mental health emergency between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. please call 919.515.2423. For after-hours mental health emergencies, call 919.515.2423 and select option #2 to speak with an on-call counselor. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Our community has recently been affected by several suicides at nearby UNC Chapel Hill. Our thoughts are with the UNC community while also knowing it affects many members of the Wolfpack as well. We have a variety of resources available available throughout the year as well as specific resources in response and to process this tragedy.
Space for Students Directly Impacted by Losses at UNC
- Wednesday, October 13 | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday, October 14 | 12-1 p.m.
- Monday, October 18 | 12-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 19 | 3-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20 | 12-1 p.m.
Please feel welcome to join any or all of these spaces to process any impact or recent loss from the recent suicides at UNC. Grief is an intense and ongoing process that often means people have a range of feelings from shock and disbelief, sadness and loss, and sometimes anger and self-doubt. These spaces will be open spaces meaning you can drop in for all or a portion of a space and come to as many or few as you wish. Building community and experiencing the support of others can be instrumental in beginning the healing process.
*Anyone interested can reach out to the Counseling Center at 919.515.2423 or to Richard Tyler-Walker (email@example.com). Once connected, we will share the Zoom link.
Drop-In Space: Pack Park
When: Thursdays | 4-6 p.m. | Begins October 14
Where: Student Health Services – Room 2105J (inside Prevention Services)
Pack Park is a drop-in space focused on finding community in the Wolfpack among peers experiencing loss. Loss has a wide spectrum of meaning in this drop-in space, and we welcome you wherever you are on your journey.
Facilitated by Rose Jerome
Additional Campus Resources
- Visit our Getting Started page for getting connected with individual or group counseling
- Drop-in spaces through Prevention Services and the Counseling Center are a casual, low-commitment way to find connection and support with peers
- Find community through the campus community centers