Services for Veterans
To Our Veterans:
Welcome to the NC State Counseling Center! In addition to thanking you for your service, we want to let you know that we are here to support you. While the transition to University can be difficult for all types of students, often Veterans face unique challenges. Fortunately, many Veterans also possess unique skills to conquer difficulties. Our aim at the Counseling Center is to help you access your own abilities to make your career at NC State successful and meaningful.
Take a look at the services offered at the counseling center to see how we can best meet your needs. All services are free to students, with the exception of meeting with a psychiatrist. Counseling is offered by Counseling Center staff, as well as by agreement with the Raleigh Vets Center, who will be offering an OEF/OIF/GWOT Transition Assistance Group at the Student Health Center. In addition to serving the specific needs of individual veterans, we hope to extend awareness to faculty, staff and students, by providing outreach that honors service and provides an opportunity for community-building.
Whether it is your first semester, or you have been here a while, the NC State Counseling Center is here to help. Below are some additional resources that may assist you as a Veteran at NC State.
- The Military and Veterans Resource Center is NC State’s centralized resource supporting military affiliated students.
- Veterans Education on campus assists Veterans and Service-Dependents access and use their GI Bill benefits. They also provide programs to network and to honor the service of America’s Veterans.
- NC State Student Veterans Association is a student group on campus. There website has information, resources and information about joining.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Raleigh Vet Center provides counseling and other services to Vets in the Raleigh area.
- Military Mental Health provides self-assessment and resources for those associated with the military.
- Veterans Crisis Line offers confidential help for Veterans and their families or those who are concerned about them.
- VA Website on college adjustment and success.