While many of our services require prior appointments, we offer walk-in hours for certain situations.
- To schedule your first appointment in a non-emergency, please come to the Counseling Center in person Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesdays).
Mental Health Emergencies
If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis and need immediate help, you don’t need an appointment to see us.
Walk-in hours for mental health emergencies are available:
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays
Please come to the center or call us at 919.515.2423, and we will work you in during regular business hours.
For emergencies after regular business hours, please contact our on-call counselor by calling 919.515.2423 and select option 2.
Academic walk-in services are available to assist students with academic issues such as:
- Retroactive withdrawal (dropping all classes from a previous semester)
- Late course drop or drop below full-time (dropping one or more but not all classes)
- Letter of support (for professor, financial aid office, housing, etc.) if you do not currently have a counselor. If you have a counselor at the NCSU Counseling Center, please ask the counselor at your next appointment for assistance with a letter.
Our academic walk-in hours are:
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Beginning May 13th and continuing through the summer, our academic walk-in hours will be:
- Monday, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before academic walk-in hours end, as you’ll need to complete paperwork before you can be seen. If you don’t complete your paperwork by the end of walk-in hours, you may be asked to return during another walk-in shift.
You’re able to complete retroactive withdrawal paperwork at the Counseling Center at any time (even if it’s not during academic walk-in hours), but your academic request may take longer to process. You may also fax your retroactive withdrawal request using the forms on our website.